SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Term of Employment: Full-Time
Schedule: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Posting Date: January 2022
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Through data-driven strategy and planning, the Social Media Coordinator conceives and implements creative, innovative and successful social media campaigns and promotional partnerships that support the goals of Broadway Sacramento’s Marketing department, which are to increase ticket sales, raise awareness for Broadway Sacramento’s unique musical theatre productions and arts education programs, and enhance the organization’s overall brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Broadway Sacramento’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, and other platforms as applicable
- Evaluate viability of new, currently unused or underutilized platforms and tools (including blogs, podcasts, digital newsletters, direct dialog channels)
- Implement additional relevant social media platforms as appropriate
- Create and implement effective strategies for growing number of platform participants and increasing active engagement
- Develop innovative, creative, relevant and interesting content across all platforms
- Evaluate appropriate frequency of posts for each platform and proactively schedule posts and other activity for all platforms, tracking with master digital calendar
- Facilitate online conversations with patrons, actively engaging followers in real-time dialog when necessary to address complaints/inquiries and convert them to advocates; evaluate potentially controversial posts or conversations with Broadway Sacramento colleagues prior to responding
- Actively engage with social media platforms of Broadway Sacramento partners and key demographic groups
- Staff social media displays at opening nights of Broadway On Tour and Broadway At Music Circus shows; schedule volunteer staffing for entire engagement of Broadway At Music Circus shows
- Plan and implement promotions with media, civic, restaurant and other Broadway Sacramento partners, including distribution of promotional materials and on-site supervision of promotional events as necessary
- Build and manage the #BroadwaySacramentoAmbassador influencer group
- Analyze competitive activity in marketplace
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/advertising/communications or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in social media and digital advertising
- Experience with most widely-used social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating incoming and outgoing social media posts and content to make sure all Broadway Sacramento content is appropriate—and to bring questionable content to attention of colleagues prior to responding
- Ability to stay on top of developing channels, trends, platforms and products
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of search, display, video, mobile, ad-serving platforms, SEO, keyword research and Google analytics
- Comfort with the use of digital strategies, technologies, channels and tactics
- Ability to distill data into meaningful reports, insights and areas of opportunity
- Proactive personality with the ability to simultaneously and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Detail-oriented, a quick learner with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, with flexibility and receptiveness to changing priorities
- Ability to accept constructive and valid input and implement necessary changes
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, external colleagues such as promotional partners and vendors, and general public, both in person and through social media
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Photo/video shooting and editing capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary
- Valid driver license and fully insured vehicle
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Ability to be fitted with and wear a respirator when necessary.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required-accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons may be considered.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in musical theatre field or interest in/knowledge of genre.
- Experience in Adobe Suite, some skills in graphic design to cut and resize images, create engaging graphics and gifs, and edit photos as necessary.
- Experience using WordPress or another website platform.
- Experience using Wrike or other project management software
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Broadway Sacramento
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.