Plan, execute, and finalize cross-departmental projects according to deadlines and within budget. Maintains responsibility for the outcome of projects, including scheduling and managing all resources, monitoring financials, escalating issues before they impact project deadlines, and delivering successful results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Manage complex and highly technical projects and programs, from planning to implementation.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Direct and oversee the project team, managing conflicts within the group.
- Perform team assessments and evaluations, as needed.
- Efficiently identify and solve project issues.
- Demonstrates leadership throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for external services.
- Design and maintain project documentation including project plans, scope documents, project change requests, project cost analysis, etc..
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Conduct project postmortems to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Train and coach new project managers.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- An advanced and adaptive understanding of project management disciplines ranging from Agile to Waterfall methodologies.
- Accumulated knowledge of Project Management best practices that could be utilized to enhance PMO function across the organization
- Knowledgeable of Information Technology terminology, disciplines, and common practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 to 10 years of Project Management experience.
- 5 years of Project Management experience related to Information Technology projects
- 5 years of experience delivering projects for Credit Unions or other types of financial institutions.
SKILLS & ABILITIIES
- Strong organizational, presentation, customer service, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and projects with schedules running over multiple years.
- Ability to function as a team player or independent contributor and the adaptability to switch when required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS SUMMARY
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening skills, and empathy).
- Expert ability to build relationships with other leaders, business partners, and stakeholders.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.