Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Creates an integrated, cohesive and high-performing sales and marketing team.
- Drives the overall brand awareness of the organization and its mission.
- Actively participates in the development and leads the execution/implementation of the council’s strategic sales and marketing plan.
- Spearheads the development and execution of demand generation and data-driven strategies to grow girl and adult membership.
- Oversee the development and execution of innovative and integrated marketing and communications strategies, including traditional, digital and social media, to grow membership and garner positive collaboration with key stakeholders, community leaders and partners, the media and the general public.
- Develops relationships with schools, superintendents, community leaders to develop effective strategies to grow membership.
- Works closely with other council Sr. Directors to achieve organizational goals.
- Ensures sales and marketing goals are developed, implemented and evaluated.
- Responsible for the operational budget in all areas of responsibility.
- Recruits, supports and develops top-notch talent for council.
- Promotes an organizational culture based on our Community Statement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong decision-maker who understands the sales process and management of leads. Sets ambitious goals and energetically and confidently drives to achieve those goals. Recognizes opportunities to close and has demonstrated the ability to ask for business/customer transaction.
- Proven success utilizing marketing analytics to improve business growth.
- A collaborative leader who knows team-building techniques and processes; collaborates with others to create optimal solutions, promotes partnerships between departments; collaboratively defines boundaries and outcomes of work responsibilities; shares information with others; recognizes and rewards team accomplishments.
- Understands and applies budgeting principles to accurately prepare, integrate, and report on the project and operational budgets.
- Embraces transparency.
- A Passionate customer advocate.
- A skillful communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Open to lifelong, continuous improvement; aware of self and impact on others; and responsive to feedback.
Technical skillset: This position requires a broad knowledge of the following systems:
- Microsoft Office, Teams, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce
- Digital media: video posting/editing, social media posting/editing, email marketing platforms (Mail Chimp and SalesForce Marketing Cloud)
- Zoom, GoToMeeting, Looker, gsLearn, gsConnect,
- AEM (web editor), Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience in marketing, sales, customer relationship management (CRM), or community organizing.
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of
As a member of this community, I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.