ABC10 | TEGNA Sacramento is seeking two Media Sales Executives. The Media Sales Executives will have the know-how to develop new business and grow accounts presenting complex marketing solutions that require thorough knowledge of linear and digital ad technology and media strategies.
These front-line sellers will be responsible for developing new business from local and regional agencies and direct clients. The ideal candidates has an entrepreneurial spirit, sense of urgency and passion for working alongside with clients to contribute to their KPI’s while meeting established quotas. You must be comfortable building new lists, prospecting and closing new business, and highly disciplined to work in a remote and accountable environment. This is a full-time salaried role (base +commission) eligible for all company-wide benefits.
You will be joining a highly sophisticated team of sellers and will have access to the most cutting-edge technology in audience targeting and attribution. With the vast marketing resources of TEGNA, Inc., you can continue to build your career with one of the leading media companies in the US.
- Develop new business. grow accounts to Key Target accounts.
- Create, implement & execute integrated media solutions to drive direct and agency sales with a focus on TV, OTT, and display (programmatic and ABC10.com properties).
- Perform extensive needs assessments with prospects (acquisition), and existing customers (cross sell) to determine how TEGNA Marketing Solutions can offer the best results for your customers.
- Deliver creative, strategic, and persuasive presentations that highlight TEGNA’s competitive advantages.
- Develop needs-based solution proposals.
- Identify, organize and focus internal resources (pre-sales and post sales) that are required to close sales opportunities.
- Self-driven to meet and exceed sales quota.
- Strong self-discipline and motivation for prospecting, cold calling, and scheduling your own appointments.
- Establish strong relationships with advertising agency and client-direct personnel, including all decision-makers and key influencers from junior media planners to the C-suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in broadcast media or other media platforms.
- 5+ years of media sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role is preferred.
- Have sold TV or radio, and digital media tactics such as OTT, audio streaming, and display.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Independent, entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast pace, early stage environment.
- Self-disciplined, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Must know Power Point.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value proposition to clients and transfer all details of the proposed solution to internal fulfillment teams to meet client’s expectations and timelines.
- Function well as part of a diverse team and foster a good working environment.
- Positive attitude and establishing good rapport with colleagues.