Responsible for leading SAFE’s product offerings and exceptional service delivery of Real Estate loan products (First Mortgages and Home Equity Loans/Lines). Successful fulfillment of the role’s primary objectives include acting as the technical expert and point-person managing the Real Estate Lending loan origination system (LOS), having in depth knowledge of traditional and niche mortgage products, and identifying opportunities to enhance efficiencies and effectiveness of processes to ensure SAFE is providing exceptional products and services to our members. Through partnerships across the organization and with our vendor partners, will coordinate internal initiatives to improve workflows, document procedures, implement LOS updates, and expand SAFE’s Real Estate Lending product offerings in collaboration with Marketing, and Real Estate Sales. Works closely with other managers on the Real Estate Lending Operations and Sales teams to provide accurate reporting to analyze performance and support the team’s goals and initiatives. Owns vendor relationships for the Real Estate Lending team and supports the annual budget process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Oversees management of the Real Estate Loan Origination System
- Uses project management skills to oversee internal initiatives and support Real Estate Lending projects
- Identifies product opportunities for SAFE to expand market share penetration and collaborates with Real Estate leadership to develop programs
- Works closely with Marketing, Underwriting and Sales management to implement new products and promotions
- Maintains desktop procedures, training documentation, and job aids for staff
- Supports system related questions and troubleshooting for all Real Estate Lending Staff
- Assists AVP of Real Estate Lending with annual budget process
- Owns vendor relationships for vendors servicing RE loan process
- Proactively works with Real Estate Lending leadership to improve process workflow
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts each month
- Develops and prepares applicable operational reports
- Assist with special projects as applicable.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be responsible for obtaining and maintaining Notary Public commission and NMLS licensing.
In depth knowledge of Mortgage Loan programs in addition to origination processes, workflows, and systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated team player
- Demonstrated skill in planning, organizing, and controlling work
- Strong coaching and personnel development skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and processes concurrently within fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use a computer with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Loan Origination Systems (preferably Encompass)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS SUMMARY
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening skills, and empathy).
- Expert ability to build relationships with other leaders, business partners, and stakeholders.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.