The SBCC is a network of dedicated high-energy business professionals working together to improve the economic well-being of the African American community. The mission of the Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce is to assure member businesses will benefit through SBCC services that will help sustain and increase their revenues. Additionally, the region will benefit through the growth of African American-owned businesses.
The SBCC and its Foundation (SBCCF) is seeking a creative, organized, and motivated individual who cares about their community and the SBCC as much as the existing team does.
In close partnership with the President/CEO and Executive Director you will lead strategic communications, messaging and media efforts across the organization as well as manage the outreach for all program activities and events. You will…
- Manage grant reports
- Develop, coordinate and direct all public relations and media relations activities for the Chamber and its Foundation.
- Ensure that the organization is proactively responsive to critical local, state, and national issues and needs.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and oversee implementation of integrated and proactive strategic communications plans for all SBCC business and SBCCF related events, initiatives, and activities.
- Plan and implement the SBCC and SBCCF’s communications strategies, policies, and procedures for related issues, including crisis communications as needed.
- Draft messaging documents, briefings, and press materials.
Marketing and Communications Responsibilities
- Create with direct report to CEO/Executive Director marketing strategies for both the SBCC and the SBCCF.
- Ensure project deliverables are met within the timeline and budget.
- Project and database management.
- Communicate opportunities and events with all existing and prospective partners in the public, private and corporate sectors.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and contractors.
- Work closely with partner organizations to co-host events and related activities for members seeking access to contracts and procurement opportunities.
- Assist with developing impact reports to support the quality and delivery of grant objectives.
- Oversee the quality and relevance of content for website, newsletter, and social media platforms.
- Proofread marketing content and materials to ensure product quality.
- Plan and coordinate existing SBCC programs, Parent Advocacy Program (PAP), Young Leadership Collaborative (YLC) and Prosper
- Aid in coordination of major Chamber events including Juneteenth, Women’s Conference “Connecting the Dots”, Collaborative Diversity Summit, Prosper and Annual Installation and Awards Banquet
Knowledge & Skills
Understanding of small business and minority-owned business
Excellent planning, project management
Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Flexible, creative, and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Strong integrity base with excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
Experience with designing data collection tools
Experience in building collaborative relationships
Proficiency in Windows-based software and willingness to learn CRM software
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of work-related experience in business development, grant management, and administration and implementation of activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing and/or Communications
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in event planning and implementation
- Service-oriented; committed to teamwork
- Results-oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Healthcare offered including medical, dental, and vision. Generous PTO
Please only those with requested and required skillsets need to apply. Others will not be contacted. If interested, send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- JOB TITLE: Program Development Manager
- REPORTS TO: President/CEO and Executive Director
- SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000 Depending on Experience