Term of Employment: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: : $19.00 per hour
Posting Date: January 2022
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
Reports To: Technical Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Oversee Broadway Sacramento’s production center facility and provide support for administration and production staff.
- Technical Director
- Production Manager
- Director of Operations
- Seasonal Production Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the maintenance, organization, and safety documentation of the production center in collaboration with the Technical Director.
- Facilitate safety training of production center seasonal staff in collaboration with the Technical Director
- Stock supplies and shop for scenic materials for Broadway At Music Circus productions.
- Account for production expenditures per Broadway Sacramento accounting procedures.
- Drive box truck to transport production and/or administrative materials between Broadway Sacramento’s various site locations.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance and fleet management for Broadway Sacramento’s vehicles in collaboration with the Technical Director.
- Facilitate rental appointments for organizations renting from Broadway Sacramento’s theatrical inventory.
- Transport and set up front of house displays for Broadway On Tour productions at the SAFE Credit Union Performing Arts Center.
- Schedule and prepare for annual inspections with the Sacramento Fire Department.
- Collaborate with Technical Director and Director of Operations to execute the annual site load-in and load-out for the Broadway At Music Circus season.
- Transport scenic, prop, and costume elements from the production center to the performance venue for all Broadway At Music Circus productions
- Assist in the recruitment and supervision of a two-person team of production center assistants during the Broadway At Music production season.
- Provide additional support for Broadway Sacramento staff as needed.
- Prior theatrical production and backstage experience is helpful.
- Licensed driver with proven positive driving record.
- Experienced box truck driver.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical production, including but not limited to construction, scenic arts, properties, and/or carpentry.
- Ability to supervise, delegate, and manage others effectively.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Knowledge of basic first aid practices, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Performs work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 100-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Broadway Sacramento
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.