The English Teacher will be a passionate educator who is deeply committed to Catholic, faith-based education and student success. The teacher is a subject matter expert who knows
how to build a positive, inclusive classroom culture focused on learning, uses student
learning data to drive his or her work, and delivers engaging, rigorous instruction. The
teacher is expected to implement the school mission and philosophy, to follow the policies of
the Diocese of Sacramento, and to adhere to the directives set by the school administration. This
is a part-time position.
List all major job functions performed on a regular basis.
All areas of responsibility must be operated consistent with the Catholic mission of the school.
● Implement curricula and academic interventions that meet grade-level standards;
● Design and implement assessments that measure students’ progress towards gradelevel standards;
● Use student assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
● Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
● Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that
excites and invests students;
● Foster and support an inclusive educational environment;
● Collaborate with teachers and leaders to improve instructional, culture-building and
● Maintain grading records, record daily attendance, and complete all required record
keeping as designated by administration, and,
● Attend and fully engage in all professional development, staff meetings, liturgies, and
school events such as but not limited to Catechetical training, Back to School Night,
Open House, Baccalaureate, Graduation.
List skills/experience required for adequate performance in this position. List preferred
experience and skills, if any.
Bachelor’s Degree and Single Subject Teaching Credential, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience teaching English at the high school or college level. Experience teaching in
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in Chromebook usage and educational applications and in integrating
technology into the curriculum
● Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, and ethnic backgrounds of high school students
● Commitment to fostering culturally competent and inclusive learning environments
● Maintains confidentiality and professional ethics
● Complies with guidelines established for safety training
● Other duties may be required as needed.