|Job Title: Park Maintenance I||Last Date Modified: January 26, 2021|
|Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-Exempt||Full Time / Part Time / Seasonal: FT Year-Round|
|Schedule: Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays||Minimum Hours: 30 hours/week|
|Department: Grounds||Supervisor Title: Grounds Manager|
The Park Maintenance I is responsible for daily upkeep and repair of the park including grounds, horticulture areas, walks, public areas and buildings, restrooms, as well as meeting safety and security regulations. This is a full-time benefitted position. Pay is $14.25 per hour.
Job Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure park meets safety and security regulations, including inspecting for and repairing perimeter breaches and playsets, identifying potential safety hazards in the facility and ensuring problems are fixed immediately.
- General park maintenance including:
- Upkeep existing gardens: weed, cultivate, plant, fertilize, and irrigate lawns and gardens.
- Mow, aerate, and edge lawn areas using power and hand tools. Rake, sweep and vacuum leaves, lawn clippings, and debris. Prune and trim hedges, bushes and other shrubbery.
- Design, repair and maintain sprinkler system and drip system.
- Assist in general repair and preventative maintenance of the park facilities – buildings, play sets, restrooms, animal enclosures, fences, bridges, benches and tables.
- Clean and maintain public facilities as needed.
- Conform to maintenance budgets, make recommendations to Grounds Manager.
- Maintain Agriculture Certifications, MSDS Logs and other reports.
- Work with City Public Works Department and contractors on grounds projects as needed.
- Lead and work with volunteers on grounds projects.
- Assist with care and feeding of barnyard animals.
- Perform heavy manual laboring duties.
- Handle emergencies and customer concerns.
Job Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Two years of paid experience with landscaping and some experience providing semi-skilled building and grounds maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of common practices, methods and materials used in gardening and horticulture work.
- Common practices, methods and materials used for building and park maintenance work.
- Operation and maintenance of various building and park equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of safety procedures involved in park maintenance including hand tools, power tools and outdoor gas power equipment.
- Work with a minimum of supervision.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions and communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- General knowledge of plumbing and electrical including basic installations and repairs.
- General carpentry skills.
- General painting skills.
- Must be able to work professionally around park visitors of all ages.
Job Skills Desired:
- First-aid certified.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to work around and in close contact with animals daily.
- Willing to work a schedule that may include after-hours, night rentals and weekends.
Education / Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Fairytale Town offers a benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k)retirement plan with employer match.
Please email cover letter and resume to George Ortiz, Grounds & Facilities Manager, “firstname.lastname@example.org”
The position is open until filled.
Please no phone calls.