Classification: Regular. Full-Time. Non-Exempt.
Reports To: Director of Development & Marketing
Send cover letter, resume, creative writing sample(s), and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Marketing in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE? What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Summary: The Marketing Coordinator supports the marketing team with the promotion of programs, special events, and branding. This position coordinates PBS KVIE’s social media marketing, website, events marketing, and other promotional efforts as needed. Our ideal team player is a creative writer who is passionate about and well-versed in our programming.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Coordinates social media marketing and advertising for multiple priorities across different channels, including implementing strategy, creating content calendars, analyzing performance, and reporting on metrics.
- Works with the external website team and part-time employee to update website content – including web ads, featured content, and more – and to track, summarize, and report metrics. Coordinates content priorities with Marketing team and internal clients and ensures website content is up to date.
- Works closely with the Production team to upload video content to the website and YouTube. Uploads local programs and coordinates promotional priorities through PBS Curate and other PBS tools and applications.
- Works with Marketing team to promote local productions and broadcast schedule via all available marketing channels. Supports communications planning and promotion of station initiatives, including special events, giving days, and community outreach.
- Supports email marketing efforts, including drafting, editing, and sending emails.
- Regularly updates local production ProTrack records with descriptions and monitors/updates Nielsen reports and online TV schedule.
- Using national marketing materials provided by PBS, works with the Marketing team to create promotions relevant to the local audience.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Marketing to support program promotion and brand management efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Passionate about engaging audiences through social media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop (or similar design programs), social media sites, WordPress, and email marketing software.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Excellent writer with strong proofreading skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Understands marketing and branding concepts.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a marketing/communications role.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.