JOB TITLE: Marketing/Communications and Program Development Manager
REPORTS TO: President/CEO and Executive Director
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $75,000 Depending on Experience
Established in 1984, the Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce (SBCC) was organized to bring African American business owners and professionals together to create a solid education and economic structure within Sacramento’s business community.
The SBCC is a network of dedicated, high-energy business professionals working together to improve the economic, cultural, and civic well-being of the African American community. The mission of the Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce is to assure member businesses will benefit through SBCC services that will help sustain and increase their revenues. Additionally, the region will benefit through the growth of African American owned businesses.
The SBCC and its Foundation (SBCCF) is seeking a creative, organized, and motivated individual who cares about their community and the SBCC as much as the existing team does.
In close partnership with the President/CEO and Executive Director, you will lead strategic communications, messaging, and media efforts across the organization.
Develop, coordinate, and direct all public relations and media relations activities for the Chamber and its Foundation.
Ensure that the organization is proactively responsive to critical local, state, and national issues and needs.
Work cross-functionally to develop and oversee implementation of integrated and proactive strategic communications plans for all SBCC business and SBCCF related events, initiatives, and activities.
Plan and implement the SBCC and SBCCF’s communications strategies, policies, and procedures for related issues, including crisis communications as needed.
Draft messaging documents, briefings, and press materials.
Marketing and Communications Manager Responsibilities:
- Create with direct report to CEO/Executive Director marketing strategies for both the SBCC and the SBCCF.
- Ensure project deliverables are met within the timeline and budget
- Proofread marketing content and materials to ensure product quality.
Experience in event planning and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing and/or communications or five years experience
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Experience developing planning tools, budgets, projections, etc.
- Service-oriented; committed to teamwork
- Results-oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Healthcare offered including medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Possible Hybrid work schedule
- Possible national and international travel
Please only those with requested and required skillsets need apply. Others will not be contacted. If interested, send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.