Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Girl Scouts Heart of Central California’s (GSHCC) Program Strategy & Engagement team is a growing and dynamic department. As a key member of this team, the Product Program Specialist is responsible for collaborating with GSHCC departments and volunteers, to ensure the success of the council’s annual fall and cookie programs. This individual serves as a public champion on behalf of the department and organizational strategies by being organized, administratively skilled, results-oriented and customer focused.
- Develop and steward volunteers and partners to ensure quality programing for girls and increased participation in the council’s product programs
- Act as the subject matter expert on vendor software platforms, both internally and externally
- Provide primary customer service support, including maintaining a current customer service answer catalog for the department
- Innovate and implement new girl and troop reward incentives to increase girl participation in the fall product and cookie programs
- Plan and execute large scale events for the distribution of cookies
- Assist the department with supply-chain management by forecasting accurate inventory fulfillment and maintaining optimal product inventory levels
- Support volunteer run cookie distribution sites directly and through indirect inventory communications
- Maintain vendor relations as main contact for distribution partners, and external account manager
- Use advanced Excel skills to organize, calculate, and interpret data to find innovative ways to share insightful sales data with volunteers and internal stakeholders
- Provide direct service and training, including evening, weekend and overnight opportunities
- Reconcile financial data and ensure accurate troop profit reporting
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with coworkers, volunteers and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- At least 2+ years of experience in a related field, customer relationship management (CRM), volunteer management, community organizing or customer service experience preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to manage confidential information
- Possess a can-do attitude with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong inventory management and quality control abilities
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to formulate plans to achieve council goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and project management
- An innovative person who is an independent problem-solver
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce and Looker
- Passionate about building entrepreneurial skills in girls
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings and overnight events as needed and travel as required
- Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Schedule requirements may change during height of product programs (August-March)
- Available for council-required events (Annual Meeting/February, Annual Volunteer Conference/August, and more)
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
- I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.