Contract Opportunity Title: General Electrician Services
Request For: Information (RFI)
Estimated Contract Value: Not Available
Work Location: Across PG&E’s Territory
Response Due Date: Register interest no later than October 14, 2021, 5:00pm PDT
Contract Opportunity Description:
The intent of this communication is to advise companies of our effort to qualify suppliers who demonstrate an interest in providing General Electrician Services to various PG&E regions in California.
Program Overview and General Scope of Work:
PG&E is committed to enhancing its supply base to include contractors who can contribute to PG&E’s corporate values, including diversity, safety, environmental stewardship, and corporate integrity. This evaluation is the first step in the process to provide opportunities for successful contractors to expand their business with PG&E, new firms to possibly establish business with PG&E, and for PG&E to realize reductions in costs, both internal and external, while experiencing enhanced commitment to corporate values. We consider this to be an exciting opportunity for PG&E and qualifying contractors.
PG&E’s primary objective is to investigate, and achieve a greater understanding, the potential supply base for Electric Distribution General Electrician services.
Qualifying Suppliers Must Be Able to Perform the Following Minimum Requirements:
- Installation of secondary generation for planned and unplanned outages and emergency situations.
• Work may include operations and maintenance (“O&M”) of long-term diesel generation, inclusive of fuel, secondary containments, and safety related inspections. Standby when required for critical or high-risk generator sites,
• Installing new meter panels, switches, and outlets, 2/3 – 3/4 wire conversion,
• Validation and correction of rotation on customer equipment,
• Connecting temporary trailers, buildings or tents, uninterruptable power supply systems, installation of sub-surface splice boxes for secondary electrical connections,
• Furnish labor to repair damaged existing direct burial 4- pair phone lines,
• Supply of non-stocked electrical materials to PG&E,
• Application and processing of jurisdictional permits when required,
• Scheduling and notification of customers for work on customer facilities, inspection of customer facilities to confirm overload conditions, the installation of ancillary equipment and other electrical work as requested,
• Contractor license C-10 required.
Each Job performed may be unique and a separate site/job specific scope may be provided by PG&E.
All work is to be performed in accordance with the most current applicable California Electrical code, National Electric Code, PG&E, and industry standards.
Supply Chain Responsibility Considerations:
The selected supplier is encouraged to align with PG&E’s Supply Chain Responsibility policies and procedures. The supplier will be asked to provide a detailed description of their internal, specific supply chain responsibility program and practices related to supplier diversity, environmental sustainability, and ethical business conduct.
Suppliers, as well as their employees, subcontractors, and sub-suppliers, must adhere to the principles and standards outlined in our Supplier Code of Conduct as they provide goods and services to PG&E. Review Code and understand its obligations here:
How to Respond
All interested companies with expertise, experience, and the capability of providing high quality services for the above-mentioned work must respond to this Contract Opportunity Announcement in accordance with the schedule described below.
- E-mail John Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14, 2021, 5;00pm PDT. Please include the following information: Company name, e-mail address, contact name, and phone number.
- PG&E will evaluate and select suppliers that meet the minimum requirements. Those suppliers will be added to a PG&E list of potential participants for inclusion in upcoming sourcing events for general electricians.