The Business Development Officer is responsible for developing new loan and deposit relationships within a specific target market of small to medium size businesses and business professionals; and providing a superior level of customer relations and service. The Business Development Officer is responsible for attaining established individual, department and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Build, develop, and maintain profitable lending and deposit relationships with new and existing customers.
- Generate leads and referrals from a variety of sources through networking in the community.
- Establish rapport and maintain familiarity with clients and prospects.
- Consult with customers at their place of business in order to understand their business practices and identify their goals and needs.
- Assist with customers’ needs such as deposit accounts, all types of loans, specialty products and other banking services.
- Promote products and services to best meet the business and personal needs of our customers.
- Develop and implement a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
- Develops sales documentation including but not limited to spreadsheets, correspondence, sales proposals, presentations, and internal paperwork for new customer proposals and presentations.
- Present effective banking proposals, sales presentations and/or products to targeted prospects.
- Create, maintain and actively update prospect database and activity reports; develop sales leads and conduct research and cold calling.
- Actively participate in networking functions and industry events.
- Contact customers regularly to ensure customer satisfaction and create opportunities to expand business with current clients by identify further business needs.
- Cross sell products and services and capitalize on opportunities to expand business; refer clients to other bank areas for additional needs.
- Maintain and actively update pipeline report using the bank established format.
- Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed.
- Attend and participate in business development and sales meetings.
- Depending on experience may: (1) originate all types of business loans (2) originate all types of commercial real estate loans (3) gather, analyze and discuss credit and financial information to determine credit quality
- Comply with all Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance management
- Business Acumen
- Results driven
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This position requires travel. Travel can be outside the local area and overnight.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two to four year’s related experience or equivalent preferred