The Membership and Fund Development Coordinator is the primary contact for Fairytale Town members and donors. The Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling the membership benefits for new, renewing, and gift memberships and providing Fairytale Town’s members with excellent customer service. This includes communicating with the general public and staff members to confirm and handle membership questions, inquiries, changes and issues. The Coordinator is also responsible for processing all donations, sending thank you letters, and communicating with donors.
Job Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Act as primary contact for Fairytale Town members. Promptly and courteously respond to member inquiries by phone and email. Reach out to members via telephone or email for follow up or additional information, as needed. Monitor and respond to emails received via the Membership team email address.
- Sign up new, renewing and gift memberships over the phone or in person at the Box Office.
- Process new, renewing, and gift memberships, including data entry, printing membership cards and thank you letters, and handling mailing. Ensure membership data is efficiently and accurately entered into the database. Update member records as needed.
- Prepare monthly renewal lists for processing by the mail house and/or in-house.
- Monitor and review database for accuracy, including removing duplicate accounts, updating records, and more.
- Prepare monthly reports including but not limited to membership sales, renewals, and promotions.
- Maintain the membership table display and member signage around the park.
- Monitor membership supplies, including but not limited to membership card letterhead and envelopes.
- Staff member desk on busy days and during special events to communicate membership benefits, sell memberships, grant faster entry to current members, and assist Box Office staff as needed.
- Coordinate Members-Only Nights in May and September.
Fund Development-specific duties:
- Act as primary contact for all Fairytale Town donors.
- Process all incoming donations and prepare thank you letters. Ensure data is efficiently and accurately entered into the database.
- Respond to donor queries via phone and email in a courteous and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and reconcile with general ledgers.
- Implement and assist in development of donor cultivation plans, Giving Day campaigns, and direct mail appeals.
- Participate in park programs and events on evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Participate in outreach events and workplace giving presentations, as needed.
Job Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Two years of data entry experience.
- Proficiency and experience with the use of database systems.
- Proficient all Microsoft Office applications, office equipment, and internet research.
- Self-starter with solid attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, as well as good listening skills. Professional telephone skills.
- Ability to work in collaboration with a team of professionals.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of volunteers and board members.
- Passion for working with and educating children and adults.
Job Skills Desired:
- Experience using Raisers Edge, eTapestry, or other fundraising software.
Education / Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A. preferred in related field.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends and occasionally evenings for special events.
- Willing to work a schedule that may include after-hours, holidays, and weekends, on occasions.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work around and in close contact with animals daily.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sherri Adams, H.R. Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.