The Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator oversees projects within the Marketing Department, working closely with the Director of Advancement to ensure activities develop and broaden existing and new audiences. The Coordinator is primarily responsible for online communications, including the website and social media, as well as print communication and Fairytale Town’s sponsorship program.
Job Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage online activities to involve new and existing audiences.
- Oversee Fairytale Town’s social media marketing efforts, including content schedule and creation. May also assist with social media for the Sacramento Adventure Playground.
- Maintain the websites for both Fairytale Town and the Sacramento Adventure Playground, including drafting content and making updates as needed.
- Draft, design and manage email marketing efforts, including managing content schedule and contact lists.
- Manage production of the Humpty Herald, Fairytale Town’s biannual newsletter. Coordinate deadlines and text, ensuring the publication stays on deadline. Edit/write articles for the newsletter. Work with various departments to finalize content, including text and images. Plan editorial calendar and organize space layout.
- Project manage other collateral projects as needed.
- Write, distribute, and follow-up on calendar releases sent to relevant media outlets throughout the park’s market area.
- Solicit and coordinate sponsorships for Fairytale Town’s events and programs, including drafting proposals, communicating with prospects as well as long-standing sponsors, and communicating event logistics to sponsors. Work with appropriate team members to ensure sponsorship benefits are fulfilled. Send post-event sponsorship thank you letters and reports.
- Coordinate the Tales & Ales Brewfest annual fundraiser, including working with the event contractor and Tales & Ales Planning Committee. Oversee special event budget. Tales & Ales is held annually in August.
- Assist the Director in coordinating press, photo and editorial opportunities, as needed.
- Ensure Fairytale Town brand and image standards are maintained.
- Participate in park programs and events on evenings and weekends, as needed.
Job Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment often having to shift deadline-oriented projects for last-minute urgent requests. Manage projects from conception through completion, working interdepartmentally to meet deadlines.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Strong computer skills and advanced working knowledge of online software and tools, including website publishing programs, social media sites, and video editing programs. Knowledge of design programs a plus.
Job Skills Desired:
- Experience with a nonprofit organization.
Education / Certifications:
- A. in marketing, public relations, or communications completed or in progress.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends and occasionally evenings, holidays and weekends for special events, especially when sponsors are present.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work around and in close contact with animals daily.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to Sherri Adams, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.
No phone calls