TEGNA’s ABC affiliate in Sacramento is looking for an experienced and visionary Executive Producer.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading broadcast teams to create relevant, meaningful, and compelling newscasts, teaching direct reports of various experience levels, and thinking strategically about multiple projects to meet the company’s goals. This person has strong leadership skills, a commitment to covering breaking news and providing context and depth can make quick editorial decisions, and has a willingness to push a team to think creatively daily. You will work collaboratively with other newsroom managers and teams to create innovative content for all platforms and strategize ways to engage a large and growing digital and social audience daily.
- Create urgent, bold, innovative local television, digital and social media content
- Think differently and critically
- Manage multiple newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Plan for original enterprise, special report coverage for on-air, online, and social platforms and coordinate with the news leadership team
- Share in strategic planning, oversight, and execution of big projects and initiatives.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent, digital and production teams
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences.
- Write and teach staff to write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic manner for broadcast.
- Coach journalists how to write and create compelling content for digital
- Teach staff to develop content through social listening and independent sources
- Attention to detail for accuracy and clarity
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover, and distribute content.
- Participates in daily post-mortem meetings, which involve critiquing that day’s shows and growing/developing talent.