Position Title: Donated Products Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Compensation: Base salary plus incentive. Medical/dental/vision/life/EAP benefits, 2% retirement match, cell phone and mileage reimbursement, and paid time off.
Classification: Full Time, exempt
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento provides local families and communities with a springboard to secure, stable futures through affordable homeownership, home repairs, and neighborhood revitalization.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Donated Products Manager will be directly responsible for securing in-kind donations (materials and services) from corporations, businesses, and individuals for the ReStore, Construction Department, and the affiliate at large. This role will research and identify potential donors, develop and nurture corporate relationships, and acquire valuable donations in support of affiliate operations. The primary focus of the Donated Products Manager will be to increase donations of new and gently used resalable inventory to the Restore to meet and exceed annual revenue goals. Additionally, this position will positively impact our Construction operations by seeking out construction-related donations to help leverage raised funds,
allowing Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento to increase our capacity for building and preservation of affordable housing in Sacramento and Yolo County. In addition to working with the Development Team, this role will work closely with the Restore Manager and Director of Construction. Other responsibilities include managing in-kind partnerships with Habitat for Humanity International and working with the Development team on other fundraising projects, events, and campaigns.
Solicitation of In-Kind Donors (60%)
• Plan and execute all aspects of the ReStore and Construction in-kind giving programs
• Identify, research, and qualify prospective donor opportunities through cold-calling, lead generation, and warm-lead conversion, etc.
• Work with Development Team to create promotional collateral for soliciting and nurturing in-kind donor relationships
• Plan weekly in-person meetings and drop-ins with key donors and potential donors
• Secure new in-kind gifts of donated products and labor
o Substantially increase affiliate in-kind donations in both Restore and Construction Departments
• Analyze giving trends and keep up to date on sales and fundraising best-practices
Relationship and Stewardship (20%)
• Incorporate Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento mission, values, and project information into procurement outreach and communications. Act as a steward for our mission always.
• Coordinate with Restore management to complete regular in-kind donation follow-ups and
• Formalize and develop our Construction Department in-kind program and opportunities both locally and nationally, working in cooperation with statewide and national Habitat for Humanity leadership and Development professionals.
Organizational Infrastructure (20%)
• Prepare bi-weekly touch point and conversion reports
• Respond to donor requests promptly and graciously
• Work with Development, Restore, and Construction teams to ensure donor data, communication, and activities are accurately documented and tracked in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM database
• Support Chief Development Officer and Development department with other duties as needed
Work Experience Requirements
• Minimum of four years of professional nonprofit development/fundraising or outside sales experience
• 4-year degree or advanced education a plus
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently while also being a dedicated and engaged team member
• Highly organized, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while also remaining flexible enough to adapt to varying workloads
• Metrics and sales driven professional personality
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Must meet qualifications to be covered by affiliate auto insurance and be able to pass a criminal
• Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm, with some evenings and weekends as necessary.
• This position is an office-based role; must be able to sit and/or stand at a desk/computer for prolonged amounts of time
• Ability to use computer and/or phone-based systems either visually or audibly to communicate with
donors and partners
• Ability to drive is essential to the success of this role
• Ability to perform routine physical actions including:
o Lifting up to 50 pounds (preferred, not required)
o Repetitive manual action
Licenses and/or Certificates
• Candidates must possess a valid California driver’s license and meet Habitat’s automobile insurability requirement
• CPR and First Aid certification will be required (at company expense)