All areas of responsibility must be operated consistent with the Catholic mission of the school.
● Directs two scheduled productions per school year (usually one play and one musical).
● Implements the artistic vision for the productions and communicates that to the
broader SFHS Arts members, including the Producer, Technical Director,
Administration, and Cast/Crew.
● Broadly communicates the artistic vision for the productions to the school faculty and
staff for cross-curricular opportunities.
● Reviews and edits scripts.
● Oversees auditions, casting, and related activities.
● Responsible for all cast communication.
● Attends and participates in all pre-production and production meetings.
● Attends and directs cast rehearsals and stages the shows.
● Responsible for ensuring student safety at all times.
● Responsible for student discipline and enforcing the policies of the Student-Parent
● Collaborates with Producer and Technical Director on all creative choices including
choreography, costumes, sets, props, lighting, and sound to ensure cohesive artistic
● In conjunction with the Technical Director and Producer, runs tech rehearsals.
● Assists the Producer in the hiring of non-residence creative resources with approval
● Collaborates with the Producer on overall marketing strategy of the production
BFA or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential
3+ years experience in a theatre, at least 1-2 years as a lead director. Experience in a high
school setting preferred. Experience in Catholic education preferred.
● Strong collaborative skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Artistically creative
● Ability to lead and mentor a group of high school age students
● Other duties may be required as needed.