Director, Project Management
- Job Locations
- Project Management
- UC Davis Health
At a glance
It’s an exciting time to join UC Davis Health’s new Strategic Deployment department! The department supports UCDH in operationalizing strategic planning processes and quantifying new business opportunities for the organization. They are currently hiring for seven positions in operations excellence, project management based in Sacramento, CA. These roles will have a true impact on UCDH through involvement in the organization’s most strategic, impactful and transformational goals. Join one of America’s best employers, renowned nation-wide for its commitment to diversity and reducing health disparities!
Description: What you’ll be doing
Another Source’s client, UC Davis Health, is recruiting a Director, Project Management to join their Strategic Deployment team in Sacramento, California.
Here’s a little about UC Davis Health (UCDH) and the position they are recruiting for:
UC Davis Health is recognized as one of America’s best employers, renowned for its commitment to diversity and reducing health disparities. Its top-ranked, nationally recognized School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Medical Center and Children’s Hospital are located in affordable Northern California. The region celebrates a vibrant, diverse culture and nationally acclaimed farm-to-fork culinary scene, as well as the natural beauty of nearby state and national parks. Learn more at https://health.ucdavis.edu
About the role:
The Director, Project Management is responsible for coordinating a significant portfolio of enterprise-wide programs/projects that have a transformative and critical impact on the UC Davis Health organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Strategic Deployment and having direct reports that consist of highly specialized project managers, the Director will provide strategic and tactical leadership for the entire life cycle of projects within their assigned portfolio. In addition to overseeing the efforts of their direct reports, the Director is also responsible for serving as the program/project manager of assigned programs/projects which will typically consist of the largest and most complex strategic projects that have organization-wide impact.
Strategic Implementation: 50%
Project Management: 30%
Executive Support & Training: 10%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience implementing strategic plans and/or growth strategies in health care industry with 5 to 7+ years demonstrated management experience and coaching and influencing experience. Phase gate planning and deployment and/or project life cycle management with experience in process improvement and project management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration, or a closely related field with several years of experience in health care leadership or consulting/advisory experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills to lead and work collaboratively and effectively with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, and with executives, providers, and staff at all levels; experience facilitating integration and collaboration.
- Advanced project management experience, and ability to manage multiple complex work streams with high degree of autonomy, exhibit professional judgment, and prioritize projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, multi-constituency organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to positively interact with executives, providers and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership and complex organization management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across and beyond the enterprise.
- Excellent customer service skills to understand and articulate diverse clients’ needs and objectives; manage expectations and deliver as promised and on time.
- Proven project management success in organizing work effectively and to meet given budgets and timeframes while working well under pressure and to remain flexible in an environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business, engineering or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification strongly preferred.
- Healthcare industry strategic planning and deployment experience with experience in large-scale cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience in for-profit, non-profit and start up environments is a plus.
- Experience in large academic healthcare setting with knowledge of or ability to learn UC Davis Health organization, structure, clinical, research, and administrative departments.
- Experience leading system-wide improvement projects in a healthcare environment.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Consulting experience is preferred.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
More about UC Davis Health:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.