Director, Operational Excellence
- Job Locations
- UC Davis Health
At a glance
It’s an exciting time to join UC Davis Health’s new Strategic Deployment department! The department supports UCDH in operationalizing strategic planning processes and quantifying new business opportunities for the organization. They are currently hiring for seven positions in operations excellence, project management based in Sacramento, CA. These roles will have a true impact on UCDH through involvement in the organization’s most strategic, impactful and transformational goals. Join one of America’s best employers, renowned nation-wide for its commitment to diversity and reducing health disparities!
Description: What you’ll be doing
Another Source’s client, UC Davis Health, is recruiting a Director, Operational Excellence to join their Strategic Deployment team in Sacramento, California.
Here’s a little about UC Davis Health (UCDH) and the position they are recruiting for:
UC Davis Health is recognized as one of America’s best employers, renowned for its commitment to diversity and reducing health disparities. Its top-ranked, nationally recognized School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Medical Center and Children’s Hospital are located in affordable Northern California. The region celebrates a vibrant, diverse culture and nationally acclaimed farm-to-fork culinary scene, as well as the natural beauty of nearby state and national parks. Learn more at https://health.ucdavis.edu
About the Role:
The Director, Operational Excellence is responsible for coordinating a significant portfolio of enterprise-wide projects that have a transformative and critical impact on the UC Davis Health organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Strategic Deployment and having direct reports that consist of highly specialized consultants, the Director will provide business consultative and business transformation services at various levels of the UC Davis Health organization. Manages professional level staff and assumes responsibility for the quality of work produced by their staff. Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing a team of 7+ FTE. Oversee subordinate managers/staff that use a standard framework and processes to implement strategic initiatives that deliver efficient and integrated services. Ensure consultants work collaboratively with executive leaders and/or physician leaders and other UC Davis Health colleagues to implement programs/projects.
Strategic Implementation 50%
Oversee Operational Excellence 30%
Executive Support & Training 10%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience implementing strategic plans and/or growth strategies in health care industry with 5 to 7+ years demonstrated management experience and coaching and influencing experience. Operational Excellence management, Performance Excellence management and/or equivalent experience, phase gate planning and deployment and/or project life cycle management with experience in clinical quality improvement and project management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration, or a closely related field with several years of experience in health care leadership or consulting/advisory experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills to lead and work collaboratively and effectively with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, and with executives, providers, and staff at all levels; experience facilitating integration and collaboration.
- Advanced project management experience, and ability to manage multiple complex work streams with high degree of autonomy, exhibit professional judgment, and prioritize projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, multi-constituency organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to positively interact with executives, providers and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership and complex organization management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across and beyond the enterprise.
- Excellent customer service skills to understand and articulate diverse clients’ needs and objectives; manage expectations and deliver as promised and on time.
- Significant experience in a large, complex healthcare organization with demonstrated process improvement experience using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Proven project management success in organizing work effectively and to meet given budgets and timeframes while working well under pressure and to remain flexible in an environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Previous experience managing continuous process improvement education and advanced knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodologies and tools.
- Documented track record of implementing and accomplishing continuous process improvements in a complex health care organization or system with a proven ability to drive institutional improvement strategies and assess the outcomes.
- Engineering degree with systems and/or industrial engineering experience.
- Experience in Active Daily Engagement, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen workshops, A3 Thinking, True North, Hoshin Kanri a plus.
- Healthcare high reliability industry strategic planning and deployment experience with experience in large-scale cost reduction initiatives; Experience in for-profit, non-profit and start up environments is a plus.
- Experience in large academic healthcare setting with knowledge of or ability to learn UC Davis Health organization, structure, clinical, research, and administrative departments.
- Experience achieving hospital-wide patient flow and improving outcomes and the experience of care for patients.
- Lean Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Experience leading system-wide improvement projects in a healthcare environment with 5 or more years of related quality/process improvement work experience that demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/skills, including a minimum of 2 or more years in providing consulting services utilizing Lean methodologies in a large hospital setting, preferred.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
More about UC Davis Health:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
#operationalexcellence #lean #leansixsigma #EPMO #PMO #healthcare #DEI #diversity #sacramento #UCDAVIS #oneaggie #ucdavishealth #UCDH