Community Relations Manager
The Community Relations Manager, reporting to the Director of Marketing, identifies, creates and manages community relations activities that help deliver and solidify the ABC10 – We Stand for You brand. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain strong community relationships and consistently represent ABC10 in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Identify, cultivate, and execute relationships and related events with area organizations that reflect the station’s Building a Better Community initiative focusing on these key areas:
- Food Insecurity
- Housing Insecurity
- Personal and Community Health
- Develop and execute quarterly rolling calendar of events.
- Evaluate and recommend organizations, individuals and events through a formal brand litmus test that identifies strategies, resources needed, revenue potential, and impact on the recommended organization.
- Create scalable, rapid response and long-term grassroots engagement strategies.
- Build, leverage and share positive relationships and partnerships with various external/internal stakeholders.
- Be the point person for all community events.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute community relations activities.
- Participate in twice yearly internal TEGNA Foundation local grant review process.
- Act as backup to Performace Marketing Manager on an as needed basis.
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience in marketing, community relations and event planning and execution or related with a track record that demonstrates increasing responsibilities and results.
- Successful candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain strong community relationships and consistently represent ABC10 in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Experience and knowledge of the Sacramento area, community organizations and businesses highly recommended.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, solid organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities at once, ability to work under deadline pressures, attention to detail, proficient computer skills, and the ability to attend virtual community events for now and real-time events as company guidelines allow.
Able to work independently and coordinate across functions (content, marketing, sales),