|Job Title: Bookkeeper||Last Date Modified: April 30, 2021|
|Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-Exempt||Full Time|
|Schedule: Weekdays, Some Weekends, Holidays||Minimum Hours: 30|
|Department: Operations||Supervisor Title: Executive Director|
The bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director and performs accounting and bookkeeping tasks including journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis. This position also collaborates with the organization’s CPA. This is a full-time benefitted position.
Job Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner maximizing all discounts available.
- Prepare daily transaction deposits and banking activity.
- Prepare month end journal entries.
- Works with external accountant on the month-end close process.
- Supports Director of Advancement
- Maintain strong internal system controls
- Reconcile accounts.
- Assemble information for external auditors for annual audit.
- Provide information to external accountant for financial statements.
- Maintain orderly accounting files.
- Gather timesheets and prepare payroll submission to external payroll provider.
- Manage monthly sales tax prepayments and post sales tax entries.
- Provide additional clerical and administrative support as requested.
Job Skills/Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of financial experience including processing day to day transaction records.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and general accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks Online
- Experience with the use and access of database systems (E-Tapestry and CORE systems a plus).
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications and general office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, as well as good listening skills.
- Ability to work in collaboration with a team of professionals.
Education / Certifications:
- College level courses in Accounting.
- Associate Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work around and in close contact with animals daily.
Salary range: $19-$23 per hour DOE
Fairytale Town provides employee medical, dental and life insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. Waiting period will apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Kevin Smith-Fagan: email@example.com
No phone calls please.