KXTV/ABC10, a TEGNA company in Sacramento, is looking for an Assignment Manager to lead our daily newsgathering efforts across our newscasts and digital platforms. We are looking for team members to help our powerful journalism reach a wider audience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Exercise strong news judgment that represents the ABC10 “We Stand For You” brand and Tegna principles
- Build relationships with news sources and community stakeholders
- Provide broadcast and digital content creators with timely and actionable information
- Ensure we are gathering the right mix of stories each day
- Lead a quick response to breaking news
- Clearly communicate needs and logistics to news team
- Be a manager and coach to our assignment editors
- Have a strong rolodex of news sources in our region
- Lead our event and future day planning efforts
- Be knowledgeable of state and local governmental operations
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 5 years of management experience preferred
- Possesses knowledge and experience in journalism and storytelling. Demonstrates creativity and innovation ideally in both Digital and Broadcast mediums.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of traditional and social media platforms, their respective participants (web, app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience with audience feedback tools like CrowdTangle, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.
- Passion and vision for emerging media
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events