- The Membership Recruitment department is responsible for developing and implementing plans to recruit new members into GSHCC. The Membership Recruitment department increases membership growth in assigned geographical areas and strategically selected areas across the council to support growth.
- This position also works closely with the Support and Engagement Teams. This position is cross-trained to help with specific duties in certain times of the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement effective recruitment strategies across the council (under the direction of the Membership Recruitment Manager and Sr. Director of Membership Recruitment and Marketing) and within an assigned area to cultivate and generate quality girl and adult leads.
- Use proven sales techniques to maximize opportunities to acquire new members.
- Clearly communicate and emphasize the value and advantage of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to potential members.
- Provide the highest level of service to both external and internal customers and members.
Recruitment Plan – Implementation
- Manage a sales portfolio, utilize strategies and tools to bring in new members. Strategies include leveraging plans that involve lead generation, community engagement, virtual engagement, and communications.
- Execute comprehensive action plans to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts thorough a variety of tactics, including outreach to communities through innovative methodologies, making presentations, and creating networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based institutions, and other community constituents.
- Ensure that consistent Girl Scout branding is used in all potential customer interactions.
- Work interdepartmentally to execute projects that impact council membership goals.
- Where appropriate, collaborate with schools, superintendents, community leaders, Girl Scout volunteers, and local businesses to support overall council membership goals.
- With the Manager of Membership Recruitment, create a monthly plan for reaching out to targeted communities.
- Manage leads within Specialist’s territory, collaborating with the conversion team to convert to members.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieve annual recruitment goal as a team, achieve annual recruitment goal as an individual within that team.
- In collaboration with director and manager, manage council-wide strategies to bring in new members to Girl Scouts.
- Generate qualified leads in the assigned area and in council target areas.
- Gather available data and analyze information to identify opportunities for growth in the acquisition of girl and adult members.
- Utilize a variety of status, activity, and follow-up reports to assess if daily activities positively impact goals.
- Determine when sufficient information has been collected to evaluate the effectiveness of daily activities.
- Identify when immediate action must be taken to improve individual results.
CROSS-DEPARTMENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Support and Engagement teams as needed on special projects.
- When assigned on a project, acquire the training needed in order to successfully complete that project.
- Communicate updates of projects with Membership Recruitment Manager and manager of the department or team that Specialist is assigned to work with.
Technical skillset: This position requires training in these systems listed here. You will receive training on these systems and must be comfortable with and have a broad knowledge of these systems within six months of assuming this position.
- Girl Scouts Volunteer Systems 2.0
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams
- Zoom, GoToMeeting, Looker, gsLearn, gsConnect,
- Familiarity with social media platforms, NextDoor, and other platforms used to communicate with targeted communities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- At least 2+ years of experience in a related field, sales, customer relationship management (CRM), volunteer recruitment, community organizing or customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and creatively solve problems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the Girl Scouts mission, goals, values and council-driven programs
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Available for council-required events (Annual Meeting, Girls Inspire, and more)
- Strong marketing skills
- Experience with community-based organizations
- Familiar with membership and population demographics
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to formulate plans to achieve council membership goals
- Ability to facilitate meetings; excellent public speaking skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation; position may include some work-related travel
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings and overnight events as needed
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.