Business Networking and Business Mixers
Networking is vital to successful professionals. The SBCC’s business mixers, which feature guest speakers and workshops, are held regularly. These functions give members the opportunity to establish personal as well as professional relationships with others who share their goals for success, meet new clients, promote products and services and develop lasting relationships. The SBCC also encourages networking with other African American organizations which are dedicated to improving the lives of African-American people.
The SBCC conference room is available to members for business meetings and/or professional usage. Please notify SBCC no later than two weeks prior to your event for proper booking of the conference room.
Receive direct business referrals from SBCC staff members who have knowledge of you and your business and are able to match you with business people who are seeking your products and/or services. This provides your company the opportunity to increase its exposure, gain information, and successfully develop within and outside the SBCC. Inquiries directed to the SBCC for products and services are referred only to members within the organization.
Entrepreneur Education and Training
The SBCC sponsors numerous seminars and educational programs, ranging from access to capital and effective governmental policy to marketing strategies. Education and training provides our members the opportunity to gain critical business insights, procurement events/advance notice of procurement, business matchmaking, certification consulting, the ability to learn how to write a business plan, to learn about financial management and how to do business with SMUD, Sacramento Regional Transit and the City of Sacramento, to name a few of our partners, thereby increasing sales and building clientele.
Marketing and Online Marketing
SBCC offers all the below forms of marketing to help promote your business:
- Promote your business by presenting a brief overview of your business when you are publicly introduced as a new member at a New Member Orientation
- Member Spotlight in the e-newsletter by submitting articles focused on your business
- Business listing on Online Directory with company logo.
- Have your company’s logo as the major and main banner for an entire year on front page of website
- Post your community events free of charge
- Sponsor well-attended annual events
- Become eligible to receive the Chamber’s “Business of the Year Award”
- Purchase Members Mailing Labels
- Two free e-blasts annually
- Strategically placed banner ads on SBCC website
Online Job and Resume Posting
Members of the SBCC have the ability to post online job or resume postings on our new website
Member to Member Discounts
Enjoy business discounts from other SBCC Chamber members for your business and/or employees.